It’s officially chili time. I’ve been waiting for this moment to come forever. This is my mom’s chili recipe that has turned chili haters to chili lovers. Follow this up with some healthy pumpkin pie, put on some Hocus Pocus, and you’ve got you a deliciously healthy fall night. If you want to try a spin on this classic, SkinnyTaste.com has a delicious Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili recipe that will keep you all warm and fuzzy inside.
- 2-3 stalks of celery
- 1 green pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of ground turkey
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 small cans of tomato sauce
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- chili powder, garlic powder to taste
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
1. Cook ground turkey to taste and set it aside
2. Chop the celery, pepper, and onion into small/medium pieces and saute them in the bottom of a large pot at medium heat until they cook down a bit.
3. Add the cans of tomato, beans, and the ground turkey to the pot. (Add the jalapeno if wanted)
5. This can be eaten after 10 minutes of simmering or after an hour of simmering. ENJOY!