The Gators are ranked #2 in football and in my humble opinion that calls for extra food at tailgates. I L-O-V-E avocado, so naturally I made a delicious guacamole with my boyfriend (hence the man hands in the photo) that I couldn’t stop eating.
- 2 avocado
- 1 medium tomato (don’t know why 2 are in the picture)
- lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
*These ingredients can be adjusted according to preference. If you want more onion, add more.
*This recipe can also be made without the tomato and onion and it’s just as good.
1. Chop the tomato, onion, and avocado into small pieces and add them to a bowl.
2. Add garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper to taste.
3. Squeeze the juice of half a lime into the bowl.
4. Using a fork, mash the avocado to the desired consistency.
5. Eat with tortilla chips or carrot chips.
Serve this guacamole along with my chicken wings and you will have a guilt-free delicious tailgate.
For a non-traditional version of guacamole, SkinnyTaste.com has an Avocado and Mango Salsa that I’ve been dying to try!